As I said yesterday, there are too many voices in the Arsenal echo chamber at the moment for me to stomach reading about Arsenal much less talking about her. Just too many people out there sharing uniformed opinions about things that they don’t really understand in order to further whatever small agenda they have. So, I think it’s time for a day off which happens to coincide with Veteran’s Day here in the States. Don’t worry, I’ll be back tomorrow to share my own uniformed opinion which furthers my small agenda.
10. Wondering why the Tacoma News Tribune publishes an empty list of Veterans Day Events
9. Taking the dog to the dog park and seeing if Avie and I can get a glimpse of the tree dragons
8. Shopping for this week’s meals pizza, potato-leek soup, and other stuff on the list later
7. Reading this poem by Neil Gaiman titled The Day The Saucers Came
6. Contemplating the fact that “Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something!” and making a loaf of bread for this week’s sandwiches.
5. Playing Super Mario Brothers
4. Reading a chapter in Travels in Hyperreality by Umberto Eco titled “Sports Chatter” which if I’m lucky I will follow up with “The World Cup and its Pomps”.
3. Watching Aveline do gymnastics while walking around in circles to get exercise like the other parents
2. Watching Monsters, Inc.
1. Making M&M Cookies (Aveline’s choice for number one activity)