Apparently, Scousers have taken to the air waves, the internet waves, and the blog waves to moan incessantly that their boy Luis Suarez (a.k.a. Bitey McRacist) deserved a penalty in Arsenal’s 2-1 win. Let’s see, how shall I put this? Uhh… The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Here are the facts of that match.
- The first penalty was soft. On first glance it did look as if Podolski might have touched Suarez but there is no doubt Suarez dove. Should have been a yellow card for Suarez and no penalty.
- Webb missed it when Squirtle karate kicked Cazorla in the foot with a head-high, studs up challenge. That was a nailed on penalty and probably a red card. Haven’t seen it? Oh, here’s a video I shot. Undeniably that is a foul. A foul in the box. A penalty.
- Or how about when Flamini squared off with Steven Gerrard? You know why he did that? Because Gerrard looked to have intentionally elbowed him in the head. That, right there, is a straight red card. Far more dangerous than any little kick out that a player might have in a moment of petulance, Gerrard looks down and smashes his elbow into Flamini’s head. Straight red, violent conduct.
- Did you know Gerrard and Flamini have a history? Gerrard put Flamini out for three weeks back in 06/07 when he seemed to intentionally rake his studs down Flamini’s achilles. How does Gerrard get away with all this dirty play? Oh yeah, that’s right, because he’s the England captain.
- The second penalty? Meh. Maybe. But the reason Suarez doesn’t get it is because he dove to win the first. Webb knew that the first was soft and didn’t want to give a second penalty to Divey McBiter. I do love the look on Suarez’ face and the fact that he’s holding his hamstring. Priceless.
- Suarez also didn’t get that penalty because he’s a serial diver. He dove to win a penalty when I was at the match in Anfield. That day he pretended to be cut down and rolled around on the ground for a few minutes. Then pulled his sock down to look for a mark. Incredible stuff. Thankfully Szczesny made two great saves to keep them lot from winning by cheating. Which is what Liverpool do, they are one of the dirtiest, cheating, teams in the Premier League.
- And perhaps you disagree that Stevie Vee shouldn’t have been sent off for the elbow to the head? Ok, but how about that tackle to stop Ox? That was a professional foul and certainly deserving of a second yellow.
- I guess if I want to be totally fair, Suarez deserved a penalty. And he got one, which your hero put away to give your horrible team of cheats and divers a goal. Arsenal outplayed you, Wenger out-witted Brentan, and you got what you deserved. Now you’re going to go another year without a trophy.
Anyway, I sincerely hope Luis Suarez plays well for you the rest of the season, it would be nice if you could get him to score against a top team this year, seeing as how you’ve got to play against several of them before the season’s end. But I doubt he will be putting in the maximum effort from here on out, seeing how he’s already worried about getting injured ahead of the World Cup. How much you want to bet that he picks up a “niggle” in April? Or he’ll do something stupid in one of the big games, like use a racist word against a Man City player and claim he was just saying “Negredo” or bite John Terry, and get himself suspended for the remainder of the season.
Good luck Liverpool, with the whining it’s really what you’re best at.